Howdy fellow FF'ers! Kim here!
With the new Freckled Fawn Travelers notebooks coming out, I wanted to show you another pouch transformation that you might want to keep in mind when you snag one (or more) of these upcoming beauty's!
I use a traveler's notebook to house errand, menu and wardrobe notes to throw in my purse when jetting out of the house. I love having everything together in one place but was needing a way to carry multiple pens with me along with many of the loyalty cards I use. So I decided to do a step by step tutorial for you on how I transformed a leftover pouch into the perfect carryall insert!
1. Sew down the middle of your pouch with the bottom of the pouch on one side of your seam and the zipper on the other side.
2. Cut off just the slightest bit of pouch on the opposite side of the zipper.
3. Now sew perpendicular to the mid line to create pocket for your loyalty cards.
4. Now create another pocket for more loyalty cards on the top portion of the left hand side, by sewing another line up to the mid line.
5. For easier selection of the loyalty cards. I used some washi tape to guide the drawing of some semicircles centered in each card slot.
6. Cut out the circle parts, but only the top layer leaving the bottom layer intact.
7. Sew up the edge of the middle section.
8. I cut a slit in the top layer of plastic only about 1/2 inch from the top middle seam. This will allow for a pocket to carry sticky notes or money.
9. Your construction is done. Just slide the pocket under one of the interior elastics of your notebook.
10. I chose to use the zippered section as a pen and pencil holder, but the zippered pouch can carry a checkbook, cash or change if you'd like.
I fit 2 to 3 loyalty cards per slot and comfortably held 5 pens without much bulk for my notebook. An added bonus is that I didn't need to remember another pouch as I jet out the door to do errands.
I'm so happy I could show another use for your Fabulous Freckled Fawn Planner Pouch!